Saturday, March 03, 2007

Fudge Brownies


Updated! (see below)
6 oz unsweetened chocolate (I used vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1/2 cup vegan margarine
2 cups light brown sugar
10 oz prune puree (baby food!)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 Tbs. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
unsweetened cocoa powder & confectioners' sugar for dusting

Please note new cooking time below.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9x9-inch baking pan wiht foil or parchment paper, and coat with cooking spray.

2. Melt chocolate & margarine in double broiler or heatproof bowl in microwave. Whisk in brown sugar and prune puree.

3. Combine flour and baking powder in large bowl. Fold chocolate mixture into flour mixture. Add vanilla. Spread batter in prepared pan, and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until top looks dry and brownie is just beginning to pull away from sides of pan. (I had to bake mine about 30-35 minutes and brownies were not overdone, still moist.)

4. Cool in pan. Unmold and cut into 1x1-inch squares. Sift cocoa powder over half of brownies. Sprinkle confectioners' sugar over remaining brownies.

You can even add some extra chocolatey sweetness by spreading Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style Chocolate Frosting on top instead of cocoa or confectioners' sugar...



Adapted from Vegetarian Times November/December 2006

14 comments:

The Flip Flop Mamma! said...

I'm going to make this for my bible study Sunday Night! Mine won't be fully vegan, but it will be healthy because I only have organic baking supplies!! I love made from scratch foods! I'll tell you if they were a hit!

New Mama's Nest said...

Yum! I love these! Can I come over? :)

O Mama Mia said...

Good GLORY, girl! What are you doing to me??? I'm licking my screen, thankyouverymuch!

SolShine7 said...

I like vegan brownies. I write a food blog for semi-vegetarians (I eat fish) and vegetarians.

Anonymous said...

I don't know you, but I think I love you! Thanks for the recipe. I just surfed in from elsewhere, but I'll be back.

peace,
ellen

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

I love it! I have to try this... I found this article earlier this week on "puree" to put in other recipes. Trick your kiddos with this:

http://www.parenting.com/parenting/article/0,19840,1595046,00.html

palmtreefanatic said...

wish I could sample off the screen, these look tooooo gooood!

Adventures In Babywearing said...

I updated this with a longer cooking time as the last few times I've made them, they are WAY too gooey. Even baking 30-35 minutes they are still moist brownies and much better!

Steph

Anonymous said...

here is a great Healthy Spelt Pita Recipe.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀PRETTY GIRL 台北酒店經紀人 ,酒店經紀 酒店兼差PRETTY GIRL酒店公關 酒店小姐 彩色爆米花酒店兼職,酒店工作 彩色爆米花禮服店, 酒店上班,酒店工作 PRETTY GIRL酒店喝酒酒店上班 彩色爆米花台北酒店酒店小姐 PRETTY GIRL酒店上班酒店打工PRETTY GIRL酒店打工酒店經紀 彩色爆米花

smallawei said...

蜂炮,情趣用品,情趣用品,視訊,免費視訊,煙火,煙火工廠,煙火,煙火,煙火,視訊,正妹視訊,真愛密碼,真愛密碼,衣蝶,衣蝶,情趣,情趣,AV女優,AV女優,煙火批發,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,小泉彩,小泉彩,情趣用品,鞭炮,live119論壇

price per head service said...

This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post

Pop Neo said...

Furthermore, Using the power on the internet in this period, progressively green cocktail dresses more British isles bridal gowns vendors generate their own matter on the planet extensive net.
We offer wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, beach wedding dresses,my friends welcome to visit and see!
wedding dresses

JAMES DEAN said...




What a great article and I will be certainly taking a look at this site so thanks for sharing.It may what I’ve looking for.
Marketing communication strategy | Advertising as profession in Estonia | Advertising professional in Estonia