3 Tbs. maple syrup
3 Tbs. orange juice
1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbs. sesame oil
1 16-oz. pkg. seitan, shredded
3/4 cup raw cashews
1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. sesame oil
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips (about 1 cup)
1 cup frozen shelled edamame
1 medium onion, chopped (I prefer red)
1 Tbs. minced ginger (about 1 Tbs.)
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
6 Tbs. orange juice
1 Tbs. arrowroot powder
- To make Glazed Seitan: Combine syrup, juice and soy sauce in small bowl.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add seitan, and stir-fry 4 minutes, or until golden. Add maple syrup mixture, and simmer 3 minutes, or until seitan is coateed with glaze. Transfer to bowl. Wipe out skillet.
- To make Stir-Fry: Toast cashews in dry skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes, or until fragrant. Transfer to bowl. Heat 1 Tbs. sesame oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion and edamame, and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Move veggies to sides of skillet and pour remaining 1 tsp. oil in center. Add ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes, and stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in 2 Tbs. water, Glazed Seitan and cashews. Cover, and cook 2 minutes, or until pepper and onion are tender.
- Combine OJ and arrowroot powder. Stir into veggie mixture. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat and serve over brown rice.